Friday, January 1, 2010

Dori and Fawzi

If you've been following the blog religiously (and that's all of you, right?) then you've heard those two names before. Dori and Fawzi hosted me during my stay in Jordan. While I was only with them for a week, this was one of those rare instances where two people (or in this case three) instantly connected. It was as if we'd known each other for years and since I left Jordan three months ago, I still find myself genuinely missing them.
When they heard I was coming to Syria they agreed to meet me despite Fawzi's distaste for the area, and the Middle East in general, come to think of it. They joined me on Christmas and we spent the day exploring the Old City, eating, drinking and laughing at each other. The highlight was the big band Christmas concert we attended that night in the Old City after getting a beer or two, the first I'd had in months since alcohol is scarce and expensive in Yemen.
The two of them said they'd try their best to visit me in Yemen before I head home for the US in March so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time dani! so much more than I ever expected! still working on the Yemen thing - despite my distaste for that area as well :P - we miss you and you're always on our minds :)

    ReplyDelete